The Litter and Laugh Walk/Goldfinch Estate Agents team held a stall at this annual event with two objectives, one to raise awareness on the importance of not littering but also to raise money for The Charlie and Carter Foundation.
The annual village fair has lots of fun for all the family with musical entertainment, refreshments and games. A whole host of charity and voluntary organisations have stalls with tombolas, raffles and displays including the Rotary Club of South Tyneside and South Shields Local History Group.
Overall the Litter And Laugh Stall was a roaring success with £470.35 being raised for the foundation. This was handed over to Joanne Nicholson who works for The Charlie and Carter Foundation. Joanne was incredibly grateful knowing that is was going to help lots of families in their time of need. https://thecharlieandcarterfoundation.org.uk/
Lots of brilliant local businesses (listed below) helped achieve this by donating prizes for a big raffle. There was also a ‘guess the amount of bottle tops’. Bottle tops were collected from the streets and beaches of South Shields, placed in a large bottle where the nearest person guessing the amount won a fabulous £50 meal voucher courtesy of The Lakeside Inn, Fellgate. https://m.facebook.com/LakesideInn/
There were also Litter and Laugh/Goldfinch Bags for Life sold with £1 from each one going towards the total raised. The bags are being used by local people to use to collect litter but also to use as a way of recycling to reduce the use of plastic bags.
A huge thank you to the following businesses/local people who donated…
£10 gift voucher for gel nails from Blush Boutique
• £25 gift voucher for cut and blow dry from Blush Boutique
• Superb Chocolate Cake by Joanne Welsh Joanne Welsh
• £25 gift voucher for meal at Dheli 6 Shah Amin
• A burger meal for two at Sea Change Café in Ocean Rd Sea-Change
• Nike Top courtesy of Nicola Farrell
• Nike Ball courtesy of Nicola Farrell Nicola Farrell
• 2 personal yoga and body alignment sessions or a block of 6 in yoga group session courtesy of Yogi Nic Watson Nic Watson
• Community Fair trade Hamper from the Body Shop courtesy of The Body Shop at Home the Wise Ones Bernadette Wise
• 3 games of Laser tag for up to 6 people courtesy of Quasar Amusements
• 25 Ride Tickets for Ocean Pleasure Park Emma Choudhury
• Sunday lunch for 4 at the New Sundial courtesy of Joanne Meade Joanne Meade The New Sundial
• Skin Care products from Weight Loss Solutions with Yvonne Weight Loss & Beauty Solutions with Yvonne
• Aloe Vera hamper courtesy of Julie Charlton of Bee Aloa Good
• Yearly Subscription to Living North Magazine
• Meal voucher from Turquisine
• £35 photography voucher courtesy of JM Photography
• Garden gift sets from Garden Stuff Garden Stuff
• Decorative Fairy House Plant Pot Holder filled with plants by STA Crafts
• 4 week summer shred including workouts & dietary advice courtesy of Your On line Body Transformation Your Online Body Transformation
• Se Beauty Voucher SEbeauty
• A voucher for 6 healthy meals from Fitbellideli
• Bottles of wine courtesy of Goldfinch Estate Agents
• Hire of studio in Westoe Crown Hub – ideal for kids partys Westoe Crown Community Hub
Further special thanks go to the Goldfinch Team who gave their time to help support this.
A few pics of the day below…